Work With Us
Service Delivery Manager
Spark Inside delivers coaching programmes in prisons to promote rehabilitation and decrease violence and reoffending. We are committed to our vision of a criminal justice system that priorities rehabilitation. We work collaboratively with a broad range of organisations and are constantly innovating, developing and evolving.
Spark Inside is currently seeking a Service Delivery Manager who thrives when building relationships with young people, and has the passion and drive to achieve outcomes in a challenging environment.
The Service Delivery Manager has an exciting on-the-ground position, mainly based within prisons in Greater London and Kent. S/he is responsible for engaging clients onto Spark Inside’s programmes to maximise attendance, retention and impact. S/he is also responsible for managing programme coaches, coordinating delivery sessions and supporting programme monitoring and evaluation.
The right person will share a passion for our cause, and a commitment to high standards of delivery. S/he will be determined, resilient and persistent with a strong track record in engaging people. S/he will have a can-do attitude, great persuasion skills, tenacity and optimism with the ability to think on their feet to solve problems. S/he will enjoy working in a chaotic environment, won’t take “no” for an answer and will make things happen.
Applicants must demonstrate, the following knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualification in Youth Work/Community Work
- At least two years’ experience of youth work, including vulnerable groups
- At least two years’ experience of project delivery and management;
- A proven track record of increasing engagement;
- Experience of handling confidential issues discretely;
- (Desirable) Experience working within the prison system;
- (Desirable) Sales experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of issues facing young people in prison;
- (Desirable) Understanding of coaching techniques.
- Outstanding people skills and the ability to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives; maintaining boundaries;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a range of different audiences;
- Detail orientated, with the ability to manage a range of tasks and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with tact and patience, when working in difficult environments;
- Self-motivated and internally driven with the ability to quickly establish strong relationships;
- Passion for Spark Inside’s vision;
- Comfortable in a small team environment, with limited structure;
- Willing to work flexibly (including variable hours) and develop the role to best meet the needs of a growing organisation;
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to Spark Inside’s vision.
This is a full time position, with a salary bracket of £30,000 – £35,000.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th May.
For more information about this role and to receive an application pack, please contact Charlie Cole: 020 3468 0706.
Spark Inside is currently seeking new trustees with strong networks to help raise its profile and funding alongside its exciting expansion. For more information about this role and to receive a full role spec, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.